Monday, August 27, 2012

Dodgeball & Tree of Life


  (Movie, 2004)

I knew about  Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story  since it was shown but I never got the interest to actually watch it until I saw some posts in Tumblr about The Ocho. For anyone who wants to have a good time, this is one movie to watch. Other than that, same old story, same old jokes. Ben Stiller though is creepily excellent in his role. He had excellent facial expression, voice, and gesture, which reminds me of Zoolander.

Casting & Acting:         9.0
Cinematography:         8.0
Overall Production:      8.0
Plot/Story:                 6.0
Rating:                    7.75

What stuck on me as regards this film was what Ben Stiller said at the end of the credits. He said that problem with American cinema, they can’t handle any complexity in it. “Don’t make me think, I just wanna be entertained.” Well, it’s not just about American cinema that’s for sure. I watched this movie last night, and right this morning I saw a very complex movie: the Tree of Life

(Movie, 2004)

The film was so intricate for me that I had to search online for the synopsis because I didn't get the ending. I thought I was watching National Geographic most of the time. The film reminded me of my interest on Astronomy when I was young. Unlike most movies that questions life as it is, this is the one that does not particularly make you doubt your faith.
As always, Jessica Chastain gives her best performance. And the kids really got potential in acting.

Casting & Acting:         10.0
Cinematography:         10.0
Overall Production:       8.5
Plot/Story:                   8.0
Rating:                      9.125

No comments:

Post a Comment