Saturday, May 30, 2020

SLAUGHTERHOUSE RULEZ




(Movie, 2018)

Plot: British boarding school vs. evil.

Interestingly, there's a lot of big names in the movie.  I don't know nor understand what made them take part on this. It seems to be trying the Edgar Wright - Three Flavours Cornettos approach but fell short (big time).

I lost focus/interest/care 20 minutes in. I played it twice. Did they address the intense bullying and questionable house practices? I do not know. And I really don't care.

There are a number of films about youngsters killing each other: Battle Royale, Hunger Games to name a few. But at least the rationale was clear from the get go. In SHR, it's all blood and nothing else. 


Casting & Acting: 7.0 
Plot/Story:                2.0 
Editing:                    3.0 
Sound/Music: 4.0 
Overall Production:    6.0 
Rating:                  4.400 

No comments:

Post a Comment