Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Pirates! Band of Misfits




(Movie, 2012)

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! or The Pirates! Band of Misfits is one animated movie I really, really enjoyed this recent year. I got curious when this film got very positive reviews from critics. I never read the book, so seeing this is a movie about pirates, I thought what could they offer more that the past pirate movies hadn’t? I applaud the makers for this film. Not just the story, the production was so intricate. In this age of 3D and HD, it’s amazing some still do the clay-ish thing, though that kind of animation freaks me out when I was younger. I also salute the writers for wittily incorporating past events in the story. Well done, mates! Garrr!

Casting & Acting (Voice):                9.0
Cinematography/Visual Effect:        9.0
Overall Production:                       10.0
Plot/Story:                                    9.0
Rating:                                       9.25

No comments:

Post a Comment