Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vertigo


(Movie, 1958)
I don’t get why this movie surpassed Citizen Kane the title as the best movie of all time recently. Citizen Kane is only 1-1/2 hours yet so many things happened, while Vertigo is 2 hours long yet nothing really happened. The story is so simple. You could miss 15, 30 minutes here and there and not really miss the whole idea. I couldn’t agree more to a friend who watched this movie before me. He said it’s kind of boring and dragging. Like they just made some scenes to make it long. That’s what I also feel. Plus, the main protagonist, Ferguson (James Stewart) seem too old for the girl, Judy Barton/Madeleine Elster (Kim Novak). I love the movie poster, tough.

Casting & Acting:           7.0
Cinematography:           9.0
Overall Production:        9.0
Plot/Story:                  10.0
Rating:                      8.75



No comments:

Post a Comment