Sunday, April 26, 2020

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)


(Movie, 2020)

Given that almost everybody, critics most especially, hated Suicide Squad, I thought this movie would be a disaster as well. Or at least a meager effort to redeem thyselves.

The trailers, I thought, gave out too much. They made them look like the movie is about an all-girl Suicide Squad. I thought it was a reboot. I was surprised to see it's practically a sequel. And I was more surprised that the script is not at all like a gritty Ocean's 8. 
 I agree with Harleen Quinzel, this looks like the perfect egg sandwich!


I like it's non-linear story-telling. It's interesting. Though I had to rewind a few times because it's fast-paced, I got lost. Nevertheless, the screenplay is smart. Even the scene where at first it thought was unnecessary, was actually a smart clever way to show how unstable and complicated the character is. 
It's a dark comedy. Not dark enough to make you visit a shrink though. If you want a good time, you can watch this.

Casting & Acting:     8.0
Plot/Story:              9.0
Editing:                   8.0
Sound/Music:           9.0
Overall Production:  8.5
Rating:                8.500


No comments:

Post a Comment