Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Happening


(Movie, 2008)
M. Night Shyamalan is one of my favorite directors. I love his previous works e.g Lady in the Water, Sign, and of course one of my all-time favorites, The Village. I have long wanted to watch The Happening but the critical response I read everywhere discouraged me to do so. Tonight I did it. I finally watched The Happening starring Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel. Well, Zooey was pretty good even if I’m not used to watching her in a drama role. Mark, on the other hand, looked like he’s joking all the way to the end of the movie. He looked like he’s mocking. I don’t know, I’m not an expert but he was really awful on this one. He’s been one of my favorite actors since forever but I think this is his worst performance ever. And M. Night, plants?! Really??! It's airborne yet it chooses who to attack? *mind-blown*


Casting & Acting:      5.0
Cinematography:      5.5
Overall Production:   5.5
Plot/Story:               4.0
Rating:                  5.00





No comments:

Post a Comment