Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mirror Mirror

(Movie, 2012)
Wow, first entry!  Ok, so what should I write about?  Hmmm... Right! The movie I watched last night: Mirror Mirror.
When I first knew about this movie, I checked YouTube for the trailer. Mirror Mirror's trailer was out around the same time Snow White and the Huntsman was also out. Mirror Mirror's trailer in YouTube was flooded with haters. Needless to say, they were Kristen Stewart fanatics. I mean they were obviously Twilight fans as they were mainly comparing Lily Collins and Kristen Stewart as Snow White. I do not understand that behavior as for me, what I find more interesting in the movies are the antagonists Julia Roberts and Charlize Theron. I was thinking, "I will watch these two movies because of Julia and Charlize!" They are already tested acting-wise. I don't understand haters in YouTube why they are bashing Mirror Mirror just because of Lily Collins' eyebrows. How shallow viewers are... I'm not a Lily Collins fan but come on!... She's way "fairer" than Kristen. And the acting, MY GOD!  Kristen's like a talking brick. I neither applaud Lily on her performance but Kristen has been acting since forever. I don't see any improvement since her performance in Panic Room. And besides, these two movies are made in a totally different approach: one is a comedy while the other is a Joan of Arc-ish type.

Enough with the rant about YouTube and Snow White and the Huntsman... Let's talk about the subject, Mirror Mirror.

Julie Roberts as the evil queen was wicked! I love her. She's brilliant, no surprise about that. 
What really surprised me was Armie Hammer's take on his character. He was funny. He can deliver well. I was surprised because all I have of him pictured in my head was as a Winklevoss (Social Network). He proves to be one of the most promising actors of this time (and when I say "promising", I mean talent-wise). I hope he gets the part of Finnick Odair in the Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Or Garrett Hedlund. As long as it is not Taylor Kitsch!

Look at this delectable treat! Hmmmm...
Score?  Let's see...

Casting & Acting:     9.0
Cinematography:      8.0
Overall Production:   8.0
Plot/Story:              7.0
Rating:                   8.00


Note:  At the last 10 minutes of the movie, I was surprised when Snow White suddenly sang and danced. I mean, the movie was not a musical and it had no previous notes on music. The director is Indian so I think he  just made a Bollywood touch in the movie... It was just so sudden for me. The song was cute though! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment