Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Grey & The Man on a Ledge


I always tell myself to read a book for the past week or so. Today, that didn't happen. Again. Instead, I watched two movies: The Grey and The Man on a Ledge. 

My hard-drive is screaming H-E-L-P for quite some time now. I have to clean it up. Apparently, I have to choose wisely which movies &/or series I have to give up. I already used up all my portable HDs, USBs, and DVDs. So I decided to let go of the movies/series that I can live without watching again. I saved the ones I downloaded myself so I can watch them when I go out of town starting next week. My brother downloaded the two movies mentioned above. First off, The Grey:
(Movie, 2012)
I like Liam Neeson. He's a great actor but I never knew what this movie was all about. I never heard about it, I didn't notice any fuzz going about it in Twitterverse or Tumblr. I haven't even watched a trailer of this movie. I'm only aware of this because I have seen this DVD cover almost in every store or stall that sells pirated DVDs. I thought the movie (based on the intensity of Liam's gaze on this photo) was action-packed that involves guns and martial arts just like his other recent notable works. Well, it was about a plane crash and "adventures" of the survivors. I have seen a number of plane crash movies in the past, Needless to say, this will make me more nervous riding a plane again. The actors are good. They are all somewhat veteran when it comes to acting so kudos to the cast. I felt tingly that I wanted to pee everytime they run away from the wolves. If I were in that situation, I would probably cry myself to death having survived the place crash only to be eaten by wolves??!! Come on!!!
And ehm, sorry but this has to go to my recycle bin. Although the movie was good, it's not the kind that I'd keep around for repeats. 
Casting & Acting:       9.0
Cinematography:        9.0
Overall Production:    8.0
Plot/Story:                7.0
Rating:                   8.25
(Movie, 2012)
Man on a Ledge -- I think I saw a trailer of this before. It probably didn't have an impact on me otherwise I'd remember this movie and probably download it myself. Anyway I checked the reviews first before watching, which turns out to be a mistake because it would create some expectations or biases on a person's views. Anyway, the movie was intense. The cast are good-looking (ahem!), so there goes commercialization.It was all good until the last 30-40 minutes where the pacing, the acting, and everything else looks done in a hurry. They appear to suddenly be in a tight deadline or something. The movie suddenly became somewhat dull at the end. Some action scenes were poorly executed. Nevertheless, I decided to keep this movie for awhile. I find it worth replaying probably once. 

Casting & Acting:       7.0
Cinematography:       7.0
Overall Production:    7.0
Plot/Story:                6.0
Rating:                    6.75

No comments:

Post a Comment