Friday, July 27, 2012

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel


(Movie, 2012)
I often visit Rotten Tomatoes website to check nice movies to watch. That’s where I heard about this movie. The trailer was fun, well, the movie was fun. I like English movies… The lines are witty, the stories are great, the acting is impeccable! With legends like Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, and Judi Dench in it, nothing could possibly go wrong. I cannot comment on the accuracy of the film compared to the novel where it was based from because I haven’t read it. Needless to say, the movie is still great. Viewers of this generation may not be interested in watching this movie as this is not about cute people or CGI or anything like most movies nowadays. This movie has depth. I am just worried a bit looking at the actors how old they really are. As I said, they’re legends. They’ve been in the industry for decades. And they are really good at it. And as everyone else, they age. I just hope none of them will “retire” soon. As Evelyn (Judi Dench) said in the movie **spoiler alert**, “Put enough old people in the same place, it won’t be too long before one of them goes.”


Casting & Acting:      10.0
Cinematography:      10.0
Overall Production:    9.0
Plot/Story:                8.0
Rating:                   9.25

No comments:

Post a Comment