Friday, July 27, 2012

The Roommate


(Movie, 2011) 

I got less than a couple of hours free and I’m choosing between The Roommate and Gone. Both movies were critically panned, but have interesting trailers. I chose The Roommate. 25 minutes later, I almost fell asleep.

I didn’t know about Minka Kelly prior to this movie. I knew Leighton Meester and I really thought she was the protagonist until she showed up as the roommate (antagonist). They really look almost the same. I even thought halfway through the movie that Leighton played both characters and that she was crazy who has a dual personality or that they are twins. That was confusing.
Let’s cut the crap, the movie was horrible. Although Leighton was not that bad, she was just not so convincing as a crazy person. She lacks conviction. As for Sara Andrews (Minka), she seemed so cutesy. There was always that little smile on her lips even if the scene doesn’t need it. I don’t know for sure but it seems to me that all the actors in this movie (except Billy Zane) already worked in the same project before. Not that it matters though.

The editing was bad. They are few lacking seconds from one scene to another. You can notice the cuts even during the catfight. The music is pretty lame, too, mostly mismatched to the scene.

If you want to see pretty people in one film, go ahead watch this. But my verdict: a waste of time.


Casting & Acting:       4.0
Cinematography:       4.0
Overall Production:    4.0
Plot/Story:               3.0
Rating:                  3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment