Tuesday, September 4, 2012

An Education


 (Movie, 2009)

My brother has always told me about this movie but I never had the interest to actually watch it because I thought it was a depressing drama. Well, it is a drama but it’s not so gloomy. My brother has a big crush on Carey Mulligan. I think this is the movie where she lost the Academy to Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side). I love Sandra Bullock and I think she was great in The Blind Side but I think Carey Mulligan deserves the award, too. I don’t know if she will be given another movie where she can vie and get an Academy for she oh so deserves it. As Sandra said in her Acceptance speech that time, “Carey is young”, so I guess she will get a lot of chances. As for Peter Sarsgaard, he also deserves an award. Not only for this movie, but for everything he did in the industry. Peter is a good actor. Maybe one of those underrated in Hollywood. I sure hope he will get an Oscar soon.

The story per se is not that ground-breaking as we have seen a lot of similar stories in real life. I just can’t believe how effective the main actors were because I get goosebumps everytime Carey and Peter are together. 


Casting & Acting:         10.0
Cinematography:         9.0
Overall Production:      8.0
Plot/Story:                 7.0
Rating:                    8.50

No comments:

Post a Comment