Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hex


(TV Series, 2004-2005)

I only downloaded this series because of the luscious Michael Fassbender. The depiction online is not bad either. But when I watched the pilot, boy did I get really disappointed! I know British TV shows are different from Americans: they have a clever sense of humor and they are not slapstick (mostly). If you are a visual kind of viewer and you only notice the action and exaggerated remarks, you should probably not watch British shows as you really need a high IQ to catch up on things. I’ve watched Martina Cole’s The Take and The Virgin Queen (mainly because of Tom Hardy), some episodes of Extras and The Office and they were amazing. When I watched Hex’s pilot episode, I instantly gave it two-thumbs down. However, I gave it a chance. I watched (in agony) the remaining for episodes of season one. I really thought Hex is a cool medieval mystery/love story. Nuh uh! When I saw the first episode of the second season, that’s it! I gave up! I can’t take it anymore. It’s like a Mills & Boon story turned into a mishmash of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed. It looked like even the writers are confused of what they were trying to put in the picture. Verdict: a total waste of time and computer space. 

Casting & Acting:         4.0
Cinematography:         6.0
Overall Production:      5.0
Plot/Story:                 3.0
Rating:                    4.50


No comments:

Post a Comment