Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Silence of the Lambs


(Movie, 1991)

I’ve always wanted to watch this movie ever since I’ve learned about Anthony Hopkins’ portrayal of Hannibal Lecter. The bad thing about hearing good feedback about a movie, you set your expectations so high that you feel utterly disappointed even with a slightest shortcoming. First of all, Jodie Foster looked marvelous 20 years back. But I am not completely satisfied with her performance in this film. There is something missing… Mystery? Conviction perhaps? I can’t quite point it out myself. Anthony Hopkins is bafflingly creepy. I don’t know how he did that. 
Some other actors are satisfactory, while some of them and most extras were inadequate. By the way, what’s with the very big white and black lettering at the intro? Maybe the staff wants to make a statement? I don’t actually catch. And the sound mixing makes feels like I’m watching a 60‘s movie.

Casting & Acting:         8.5
Cinematography:         9.0
Overall Production:      8.0
Plot/Story:                 9.0
Rating:                    8.625


No comments:

Post a Comment