Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Butterfly Effect


(Movie, 2004)

This movie is on my all-time favorites list mainly because it’s story about changing past incidents affects subsequent events is interesting. Plus the ending was kind of not the usual they-lived-happily-ever-after affair.

I first saw this when I was still in Makati maybe 8 years ago. I rented the vcd on a video store just around the corner where I was staying. After watching it again (after a very long time), I was surprised to see that the ending was different. I remembered it ended with Ashton Kutcher walking along Manhattan when he crossed path with Amy Smart but did not approach her. The song while he was walking was catchy, too. As I checked on YouTube, it was Stop Crying Your Heart Out by Oasis. 

This new copy that I got has a different ending. It showed Ashton Kutcher going back to his mother’s womb and killed himself with his umbilical cord. When I checked online, I found out the movie has several alternate endings. Though I wish my copy was of the first version I watched, I could say that this new ending (director's cut) fits better.  

Casting & Acting:         9.0
Cinematography:         8.0
Overall Production:      9.0
Plot/Story:                 9.0
Rating:                    8.75

No comments:

Post a Comment