Sunday, September 16, 2012

J Edgar


(Movie, 2011)

Someone should give Leonardo DiCaprio an Academy. Not for this movie though but I believe he should have one. Perhaps someday… I have no doubt about it! Someday, Leo will win an award.

Leo’s voice as an old J Edgar is too strong for me. I don’t know if the real man sounded like that back in his days but Leo sounded too strong and too young as an aged man. Same as Naomi Watts, I don’t know if it is just my copy or do their makeup and prosthetics seem unconvincing. It’s always in the eyes. No matter how good the makeup is, you can still see the real age in their eyes.

There are only two actors so far that I applaud for acting as old people: Merryl Streep in The Iron Lady and Orson Welles in Citizen Kane. It is probably because they are close to the age of their roles. Armie Hammer looks unpersuasive at first as an old man but after the stroke, he sounded and looked real. I bet Armie Hammer will soon get an Academy. He has only made a few movies so far yet the acting is always impeccable. Can’t believe he only had one line, three-second appearance in Arrested Development back then.

 

Casting & Acting:           8.0
Cinematography:           8.0
Overall Production:        9.0
Plot/Story:                   9.0
Rating:                      8.50

No comments:

Post a Comment